You can use the Fleep email integration in three ways:
- Include people in Fleep conversations with their email
- Send emails to a specific Fleep conversation
- Connect your email and use Fleep to manage your emails
Include people in conversations over email
In short, you can choose to include people in conversations with their email address when you’re creating the conversation — or if an existing conversation already has email members in it.
When you create a new conversation with an email address, a popup appears asking whether you want to invite them to Fleep or whether you want to include them in the conversation over email. If you choose the latter, an Email conversation will be created, where email participants will receive all messages and files posted in the conversation as normal emails. All of their replies will be shown as messages in a Fleep conversation to you.
If you choose to invite them to Fleep, then Fleep will send an invite to that email address and they will not be able to participate in the conversation over email. Similarly, adding email addresses to existing Fleep conversations (with no email participants) will trigger an invite to Fleep, and not email participation.
Note that the popup with the options to invite or email only appear on the desktop version of Fleep currently. In the mobile apps, if you create a conversation with an email address, an Email conversation is created by default.
Send emails to a specific Fleep conversation
Each Fleep conversation has a unique email address, which you can find in the Conversation Settings.
When an email is sent to the Conversation email, it will show up in the conversation. The sender’s name will be visible, along with the Subject, body of the message and any attachments.
- The sales team has a dedicated conversation where they discuss all new leads.
- John configures their email@example.com email to forward all emails to the conversation’s email, which is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whenever the team receives any new leads via email, they forward the email to email@example.com, and the email shows up in that conversation for everyone to see!
Use Fleep to manage your emails
In Fleep, you can send and receive emails in Fleep just as you would in a regular email client.
By default, all emails will be sent out with your Fleep username — your unique identifier in the Fleep network that is compatible with email (in the form of firstname.lastname@example.org). Alternatively, you can send and receive emails with your existing email address — by connecting your email with Fleep.
Regardless of whether you wish to send and receive emails with your Fleep username or an existing email address, you can try managing emails from Fleep.
Do note that this is not for everyone. The key difference from your regular email client is that Fleep groups emails together by membership and not by email threads or subject. Other differences for how Fleep is not an email client — it misses some email client functionalities, such as HTML email signatures or BCC.
How it works
- If you like your Fleep username as an email identity, you can just set up your current email client to forward all of your incoming emails to your Fleep username. In this way, you can just read and reply to your emails from Fleep. All replies will then go out as email@example.com. Do note that the email address that you use in your email client will have to be your primary or alternate email in Fleep for this to work.
- If you choose to connect your email address with Fleep, then all of the emails sent to that email address will also show up in Fleep for you, and all emails sent out from Fleep will have that email address as the sender address.