Fleep is a messenger for teams and projects. To make the most of Fleep, you may want to have different team conversations with your whole team, as well as group conversations, each with a different membership in Fleep.
In this blog post, we will show you a few ways how to quickly create group conversations in Fleep.
Option 1: Ask everyone to join using the conversation link
Every conversation in Fleep has its own unique URL link, that can be used to join the conversation. You can find it in the Conversation settings.
You can ask your team to join any conversation with the conversation link. For that, you’ll have to…
- Step 1: create a conversation (or use an existing one)
- Step 2: make sure the setting “Anyone with the conversation link can join” is enabled
- Step 3: copy & share the Conversation link with the people you want to join the conversation.
You can also use this setup if you want people to decide for themselves which conversations they want or need to join (for example, the ESTCube team has set up their conversations in this way).
Option 2: Create a new conversation and add members
The simplest and most straightforward way to create group conversations is to just add people one by one.
- Step 1: Create a new conversation in Fleep (or use an existing one)
- Step 2: Add people to the conversation from the Members pane, by clicking on the ADD MEMBERS button:
Alternatively, you can add members into the conversation with the /add command (works with both Fleep usernames and email addresses):
Option 3: Create a Team and Team conversations
Fleep teams act as a group of people you can add to or remove from any conversation.
When someone is added to the Fleep team they will automatically be added to all team conversations. And vice versa — when you remove someone from the team they will be removed from all team conversations.
So, you can follow the steps below to quickly create team conversations in Fleep.
- Step 1: Create a Team in Fleep (or use an existing one)
- Step 2: Create new conversations with the Team, and all members are added to the conversation at once:
We hope that these tips and tricks clarified how to quickly create team chats and group conversations in Fleep. If you have any questions or feedback for us, don’t hesitate to ping us via firstname.lastname@example.org. Do stay in touch with us via our social channels as well (Twitter, Facebook).