Fleep is a messenger for teams and projects. To make the most of Fleep, you may want to have different team conversations with your whole team, as well as group conversations, each with a different membership in Fleep.
In this blog post, we will show you a few ways how to quickcreate group conversations in Fleep.
Ask everyone to join using the conversation link
Every conversation in Fleep has its own unique URL link, that can be used to join the conversation. You can find it in the Conversation settings.
You can ask your team to join any conversation with the conversation link. For that, you’ll have to…
- Step 1: create a conversation (or use an existing one)
- Step 2: make sure the setting “Anyone with the conversation link can join” is enabled
- Step 3: copy & share the Conversation link with the people you want to join the conversation.
You can also use this setup if you want people to decide for themselves which conversations they want or need to join (for example, the ESTCube team has set up their conversations in this way).
Create a new conversation and add members
The simplest and most straightforward way to create group conversations is to just add people one by one.
- Step 1: Create a new conversation in Fleep (or use an existing one)
- Step 2: Add people to the conversation from the Members pane, by clicking on the ADD MEMBERS button:
Alternatively, you can add members into the conversation with the /add command (works with both Fleep usernames and email addresses):
Clone a conversation
Another way to quickly create a new group conversation is to clone an existing one. The Clone feature allows you to easily create a new conversation with the same members as an existing conversation.
- Step 1: Choose a conversation that has the right members in them.
- Step 2: Right-click on the conversation in the conversation list and choose Clone from the menu that appears.
- Step 3: The newly created conversation is opened for you. Now, you can change the Topic of the new conversation and start chatting. Congrats, you’ve created a new group conversation with just 2 clicks!
We hope that these tips and tricks clarified how to quickly create team chats in Fleep. If you have any questions or feedback for us, don’t hesitate to ping us via firstname.lastname@example.org. Do stay in touch with us via our social channels as well (Twitter, Facebook).