September is here! We’ve been busy working towards our mission of radically improving how people manage their work conversations, tasks and email.
Most recently, we sat down to plan our product developments for the next 3 months, and we’d love to share them with you. But first, a quarterly review of what we got done in the last couple months:
- Android push notifications 2.0 – as Android recently made some changes to how push notifications work, we had to make some changes to make sure our push notifications work in a reliable way.
- Storage limit – we have started calculating how much storage the files you’ve uploaded use up (but we do not enforce any limit just yet).
That’s it?! Well, yes. It was a short 2-month “quarter” (as we switched our quarterly plannings around a bit) and most of our engineering time actually went into making underlying architectural changes in preparation for Tasks feature improvements and My Tasks. Also, one of the 2 months included vacations for all of our team members.
But what do we have planned next? Here are our plans for the next 3 months (Sept, Oct, Nov), that is Q4 of 2017:
- Tasks API 2.0 & Event Stream API – we’re almost done with the behind-the-scenes improvements to Fleep Tasks, along with some architectural updates to the message flow. We will start testing these in the coming weeks, but even when we release this to live – if all goes well, you will not notice any significant changes. As our CTO said, it’s never a good time to rewrite major parts of your architectural code… But it is necessary once in a while.
- My Tasks – as soon as we’re done with the new Tasks API, we’ll start working on a view where you’ll be able to see all tasks assigned to you.
- Other Tasks improvements – Private tasks, Column view, Tasks notifications… You have no idea how great our Tasks will be.
- Reactions – YES! While reactions were neglected for a while, they’re back in the plans now.
- Fleep for Business – while the public launch of Business is literally around the corner, we’re going to continue adding some functionality to the subscription. These improvements will make admin controlled conversations and teams even more powerful.
- Storage limit 2.o – we are taking the next step in storage usage calculation, and now working to calculate used storage based on files accessible to the user.
- Stats server setup – we’re building our own statistics system, to get better and more reliable insights into how our people use Fleep. This will make it even easier to make Fleep better for you!
We hope you like the direction we’re going in. If you have any questions or feedback, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com. Let’s also stay in touch through our social media channels. We’re on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram.