The first half of 2017 is over. (Yes, really!) That means it’s time to review what we built for you in Fleep this last quarter and reveal our plans for the next quarter.
First, a look at the second quarter of 2017:
- Left pane improvements and All Conversations sunset – we improved the desktop conversation list in quite a few ways and migrated search in Fleep to the left pane. As a part of these changes, we also said our farewell to the All Conversations view in the web app.
- “New messages” animation – we introduced an animation to indicate when new messages have been marked as read.
- Linux app – yes, Fleep for Linux has been signed, sealed, delivered.
- Tasks 2.0 – we have started behind-the-scenes enhancements to Fleep Tasks, to make the conversation Taskboards snappier. This also includes some preparation work for the long-awaited My Taskboard feature.
- Mobile label management – labels help you organize your conversations in Fleep. Now, you can also add and remove labels in our Android and iOS apps!
- appear.in integration 2.0 – we’ve upgraded our appear.in integration! Now, you can start a call with any specific appear.in room by using the command /call roomname.
- Fleep for Business – we finished the main building blocks, leaving us to polish a few last things before we launch the Business subscription. Stay tuned!
- Server infrastructure reorganization – we split our servers onto more separate VMs, to better serve increasing server load.
What’s coming up next? Here are our plans for Q3 of 2017*:
- Tasks 2.0 – first of all, we’ll finish the behind-the-scenes improvements to Fleep Tasks. For time being, you will not notice any significant changes, besides enhanced performance.
- My Taskboard – as soon as we’re done improving the conversation Taskboard, we’ll start working on a view where you’ll be able to see all tasks assigned to you.
- Storage limit – we’re working to start tracking users’ uploaded storage and enforce a limit of 5GB per user.
- Mobile push notifications 2.0 – as both Android and iOS have made significant changes to how push notifications work, we need to rewrite some of our own code. Realistically, the updates will not be released until later this year.
- Fleep for Business – we’ll polish Fleep for Business, to make it ready for its public launch.
* We’re changing our quarterly planning tradition a little bit, and switching from calendar year quarters (often also used in economics) to seasonal quarters (Autumn, Winter, Spring & Summer quarter). So, this year’s Q3 is only 2 months long (July-August) and includes a lot of Summer vacations for our team – hence the shorter-than-usual plan for Q3 (from here on out, “Summer quarter”).