You can use the Fleep email integration in three ways:
- Include people in Fleep conversations with their email
- Send emails to a specific Fleep conversation
- Connect your email and use Fleep to manage your emails
Include people in conversations over email
You can add anyone to Fleep teams and conversations with their email address. If they are not a Fleep user yet, they will receive all messages and files posted in the conversations as normal emails. All of their replies will be shown as messages in a Fleep conversation to you.
See it in action: Fleep email compatibility
Send emails to a specific Fleep conversation
Each Fleep conversation has a unique email address, which you can find in the Conversation Settings.
When an email is sent to the Conversation email, it will show up in the conversation. The sender’s name will be visible, along with the Subject, body of the message and any attachments.
- John, Scott and Paul have created a Fleep conversation called “Stats”.
- John configures their Statistics gathering script to send daily summaries to the conversation’s email, which is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Their daily stats script creates a summary and posts it via email to the Fleep conversation. John, Scott and Paul will now see the summaries in the “Stats” conversation in Fleep, posted as email messages.
Use Fleep to manage your emails
In Fleep, you can send and receive emails in Fleep just as you would in a regular email client.
By default, all emails will be sent out with your Fleep ID – your unique identifier in the Fleep network that is email compatible (in the form of email@example.com). Alternatively, you can send and receive emails with your existing email address – by connecting your email with Fleep.
Regardless of whether you wish to send and receive emails with your existing email address or Fleep ID, you can try managing emails from Fleep. Do note that this is not for everyone. The key differences from your regular email client being how Fleep groups emails together by membership and not by email threads or subject, and how Fleep is not an email client – it misses some email client functionalities, such as HTML email signatures or BCC.
How it works
- If you like your Fleep ID as an email identity, you can just set up your current email client to forward all of your incoming emails to your Fleep ID. In this way, you can just read and reply to your emails from Fleep. All replies will then go out as firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you choose to connect your email address with Fleep, then all of the emails sent to that email address will also show up in Fleep for you, and all emails sent out from Fleep will have that email address as the sender address.